Friday 27 January 2012

Yay We did 10 Miles!!

I am a couple of days late updating this, but we made the 10 miles!! OMG I am so proud of us.

We did it in 2 hrs 45 mins with an average of 17 ish minute miles which I think is really good.

The weather was a bit iffy. It had been raining first thing and there was a bit of heavy drizzle a couple of times, but it was nice and cool which helped a lot.

We walked from Claire house to Ashley Cross, then from there to Whitecliff, all the way along Baiter to the end of Poole Quay, then turned round and came home.

Coming back was great until 8 miles and I will confess the last couple of miles were hard due to a couple of uphill sections! 8 miles and then hills yaaayyyyy...not.

Surprisingly enough though, I don't feel like I walked 10 miles, or 15 miles over two days. I feel remarkably refreshed and non achy. Maybe my endurance levels are getting up or maybe I am a bit fitter than I gave myself credit for?

Anyway, we have 10 weeks to get to 20 miles and all I can say is bring it on! I feel really positive at the moment and really believe that we can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment