Wednesday 8 February 2012

29 Miles Walked since Saturday 4th February.

God I am surprised my legs aren't yelling out in protest!

Saturday I did four miles
Sunday Clare and I did 7 miles
Monday Clare and I did 6 miles

and today we did.......

12 miles!!!!!

We walked to Bournemouth Tesco on Castle Lane and back in 3 hours 25 mins which I am really chuffed about.

We had one really bad mile at about 6 miles which was a twenty minute mile, but that was a run of one pedestrian crossing after another, but otherwise averaged 16 ish minute miles.

It was a lovely route and nice and flat so no horrible hills, but it was sooo cold. I think it was the equivilent of -5 out there today. My legs were so cold they were hurting without aching. The last mile was really painful, but better than I thought it would be

The thing that surprised me the most is the fact that I do not ache at all! I remember doing the small 5/6 mile walks at the start of this and being in agony at the end of it. I did have a really hot shower, but have no aches or pains at all now. I probably feel fitter than I have done in my life!

The huge milestone is though we are one mile of completing a half marathon, massive achievement!

We are allowing ourselves a week off next week as it is half term then doing another 12 before going for 14 eeekkkkk!

No comments:

Post a Comment