Tuesday 22 November 2011

Walk number 7 in the bag and New Trainers!

Distance 8 miles, Time Taken 2.15.44, Average Minute Miles 16.56 mins


First of all, I road tested my new trainers today. I bought a pair of Nike Dart lX's

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jyd1UcfkL.jpg

Like this, but with green flashes. OMG they are so comfortable! What a difference a good pair of shoes make!.

Last week, by 6 1/2 miles, my feet were killing me and I just wanted to stop! This week was so much better. No aching feet at all and in fact I could have gone on easily!

The walk itself was great. We went down the beach again and it was really warm. Am secretly hoping it stays like this all winter lol. I'm dreading the cold walks, although give it a few miles and I doubt we would notice.

8 miles is so easy now. I think we are ready to go up to 9 or 10 (yay)

The best bit is the fact that over the three walks we have knocked 10 minutes of the time for 8 miles. That is so good and I am so proud of what we have achieved so far

Not sure if we will get out on a big one next week. Have a few commitments at school. Am hoping we get a shorter one in somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment