Wednesday 2 November 2011

Walk Number 4, Bum bags and Jackets!

An odd combination I know, but all will make sense!

So lets take it one thing at a time

Walk Number 4 in the bag


Planned distance six miles, actual distance covered 7.7 miles! We seem to have a habit of deviating slightly and adding miles without realising lol

So 7.7 miles took us 1 hour 50 with a rough minute per mile of 14.15 seconds.

It did feel really hard work today. Maybe it is because we added nearly two miles more on than planned, but those two miles seemed to take forever. Think this is the first real "wall" we have hit.

So anyway, the plan is now to concentrate on 8 mile routes and nail them before moving on again. 8 does feel like it is my limit at the moment! Shame I have to add another 18 miles on top of that lol!

I know it will get easier, but I do think I am beginning to understand what people say about hitting walls in long distance events or training. The last mile was hell, my thighs were burning, my shins were aching and I did feel like I had done enough. I know Clare felt the same way too.

It can only get easier though....can't it?

Bum bags



My gorgeous son has bought me a bum bag for my birthday. I need one to carry all the little bits and bobs on the night with me, plus keep train tickets etc safe. I do feel like I have reverted back to the 80's! It is amazing though. Three zipped pockets, plus a place for camera and mobile phone. Well worth the money as I  think it will come in use on the night.





Jackets


One thing I have been really struggling with is getting the clothing right. It doesn't matter what jacket I wear, I have ended up feeling really hot and manky! (lovely image I know).

So anyway, it is my birthday coming up and I decided that a running jacket might be a good idea and my lovely mum and dad bought me one and let me have it earlier, so here it is.

http://www.jjbsports.com/champion-womens-pac-a-mac-jacket/jackets/shop/fcp-product/23521

It is an absolute godsend! I felt warm, but not too hot and because it is breathable I felt really comfortable the whole time. Luckily it is also a pack-a-mac, so on the day I can use it if I want, or fold it up and it won't take up too much room

No comments:

Post a Comment