Wednesday 19 October 2011

Official Walk Number 3-What a shock!

Distance covered 6 miles!


Well today was a funny one. We had a five mile route planned as per last time, but somehow ended up doing six!


OMG I am chuffed beyond belief!


Last walk we did five miles in 1 1/2 hours walking at a pace that averaged 18.01 minute miles. We had said that this time we were going to aim to do 5 miles again and get into the 17 minute miles.


Well, here is the shocker! Somehow we went slightly off planned route and did six miles (6.20 if I am being pedantic) and did it in 1.41.40hrs! 


This means we actually did an average of 16.24 minute miles!!!!! We dropped 1 min 50 off each mile and added an extra mile! I feel phenomenal!


I am so unbelievably proud of Clare and myself. At the start of this whole process, I would have said dropping nearly two minutes a mile of the pace at this stage was wishful thinking, but it isn't. We did it!! Yay us 


All of a sudden, the 14 minute miles that you need to do to complete 26 miles in six hours doesn't sound so unachievable. 


Whether or not at the moment we could maintain this pace over a long distance, who knows?


Something has changed in our mindset now though. I can feel that  definitely.


Next week is half term, so there will be no walking next week, but I go into this break feeling so positive about the progress we have made.


Hopefully next time, our final walking buddy Hannah will be joining us as well. 


Bring on walk number 4. It is a definite six miles one planned to Bournemouth Pier and back.



No comments:

Post a Comment