Sunday 2 October 2011

Hills...Who decided they were a good idea?

So, did my first little walk today. Nothing major. 4 miles. It is fairly easy for me, well within my comfort zone.

I have one question though? Who invented hills?? Why did someone decide they were a good idea and why do they have to be on my route lol! Seriously four miles flat, piece of cake, four miles up a hill the majority of the way..not good on the old thigh muscles!

Doesn't help that it feels like the hottest day of the year so far today! I now have a massive urge to jump on a bulldozer a flatten a 26 mile route around my house for a practice route. Either that, or I think I need to seriously hit a treadmill to get some incline practice in. Although I live in blissful ignorance that the route will be entirely flat.

This then brings me to my next issue...treadmills = gyms = lots of extremly fit people in designer gymwear not even breaking a sweat after an hour. There I will be, in my trackkies looking all sweaty and red after 10 mins..Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment