Sunday 2 October 2011

Oh my..what have I done lol-London Moonwalk 2012

Friday 30th September. That date is going to stick in my mind for a long time. It is the day I made a really big decision and one I think I will soon come to regret. It is the day I decided to sign up for the London Moonwalk 2012.

For those of you that don't know what the Moonwalk is, it is a 26 mile walk starting in Hyde Park in London. It is organised by Walk the Walk http://www.walkthewalk.org/AboutUs  and the money raised goes towards helping vital breast cancer causes, but is also about encouraging men and women to become healthier, fitter and to take charge of their own well being. So all in all a great cause.

But....26 miles!!! I'm still not sure how this happened. All I remember is reading a link on Facebook from a friend saying she was doing it. I remember adding a comment saying how I would " Love to do that", am still not sure whether I was serious or not, and next minute I am filling in my application form.

I have to admit that, when filling out the application form, I was secretly hoping that it would come back saying "Sorry we are fully booked, please try next year" Guess that was slightly optimistic as it had only been open to entrants for a day!

Anyway, here I am. Fully commited to doing this walk. This is my challenge, probably of my life so far, apart from having kids. I will fully admit that I am never going to be fit enough to run a marathon. I take my hat off to all the men and women that every year take part in the London Marathon. I will never be fit enough to cycle it either..so I guess for me this is it. This is MY marathon, my very first one.

So right this minute, I am full of fear and apprehension of what the next few months will bring. Walking for me is something I enjoy doing. Six, seven miles I can do fairly comfortably. 26 is a whole other issue!.

I am looking forward to seeing how this goes, of getting the training pack through the post, decorating my bra (lol) and whatever will come with this journey.

So anyway..Saturday 12th May 2012..D Day Help!!!!

I think thats its for now. Apart from doing a few little walks, guess there isn't much that can be done till the first training pack comes! Wish me luck...think I am going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment