Wednesday 12 October 2011

Official Walk Number 2 In The Bag

Total Distance Covered 5 Miles 


(Okay, this did include the School run, but who's counting lol)

So, this morning, walked to school as per normal, dropped Sam off and went on another walk with my buddy Clare.

Started from school, walked past Bournemouth University, down to Westbourne and home.

I have to admit, today did feel a bit tougher. I haven't quite got the layers right for this and at 2 miles in felt so hot. Must plan this a bit better I think for next time. At least remembered again water so kept fluid level up. We also did the whole thing with an average pace of about 18 minute miles again, completing the whole thing in about 1 1/2 hours. We actually picked up the average pace this time. Our first walk was an average of 18.22 minutes for the mile. This time we did an average of 18.01. If we pick it up a little bit again next week, we will be into 17 minute miles!!!

I think we have both agreed at this particular moment in time, it seems impossible to imagine getting the mile speed down. I honestly at this present moment, cant image being able to walk a mile in the 14 minutes recommended and keep it up the whole way! Still nothing like setting a challenge for yourself is there?

We also had this nieve idea last week, that we would not talk and would just put our foot down and go for it.

Have come to the conclusion that it is impossible for two women to be together and not have a good gossip!

I have to say, I am so glad I am doing this with someone else and someone I get on with so well. It would be so much harder training by yourself. I know without having someone else there to do this with, I would find an excuse to not go out for a walk. I'm sure I would be too tired, or it would be too cold! Having someone else there gives you that little push as you don't want to let them down.

I also can't think of anything scarier than walking 26 miles round London at night by myself. I wouldn't even have considered doing this if I was by myself. We have agreed that if we see anyone ladies walking by themselves, we will pick them up and get them to join us. It has to be the safer option.

So anyway, booked another walk in for this time next week. Again 5 miles. Going to pick up the pace and distance in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment